• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The Mac-Forums Mug Shot List

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
After the swim (and shower)...

On Monday I pulled muscles in my back. I'm lucky. Despite being in lots of pain and unable to do much of anything, it really is only a muscle issue. The bones are only slightly misaligned. So Monday I swam and felt better Tuesday. Tonight I swam again and now I feel fine, if a bit tired. "Swimming" is 18 pool lengths (1/4 mile).

Photo 374.jpg

Reaction score
My school started later than all the other ones around me so I got to go swim in our neighborhood pool a lot. I swim lengths too MathOgre and it's sooo much better when theres no one there!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 white book with some niffty icons
Okay, so I dyed it again because my work sucks... So here it is.

picture012jv6.jpg
lol thats nuts man.
I would be afraid of what the dye does to your brain..... jk I have only dyed my hair once.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
I never really understood why people get piercing and die there hair and whatnot. They say they want to be different but there are millions of people out there just like them. I dont get it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
i don't do it because I want to be different, I do it because I like it, and i want it.

It fits my style. I don't smoke cigarettes to be different, or smoke pot, or do the things I do to be different, I do it because I want to. I could care less what other people think of my appearence.

I take peoples' "nasty" looks as a compliment.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
i don't do it because I want to be different, I do it because I like it, and i want it.

It fits my style. I don't smoke cigarettes to be different, or smoke pot, or do the things I do to be different, I do it because I want to. I could care less what other people think of my appearence.

Agreed 100%. I do the same, for me because I like it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

First, i want to make it clear that I wasn't talking about you in particular. Second, i agree. But I'm sure you know what or more impropiately who I am talking about.

Reaction score
Shannon, I don't think your really in a position to critique the way other people look seeing as you didn't post a picture of yourself. I can understand why you didn't choose to post one because I haven't either, but if I comment I say nice things about peoples pictures. If he wants to look the way he does, more power to him because he can wear what he wants and he is happy doing it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
My "at school" mug...

Photo 114.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Shannon, I don't think your really in a position to critique the way other people look seeing as you didn't post a picture of yourself. I can understand why you didn't choose to post one because I haven't either, but if I comment I say nice things about peoples pictures. If he wants to look the way he does, more power to him because he can wear what he wants and he is happy doing it.

I wasnt insulting him. I have more than a few friends who look just like him. He is the kind of person I would hang out with. That being said, I was just saying that I never got things like that because I dont understand the purpose. That's all. :\

And I dont like posting pictures of myself on the internet. I dont have a facebook or myspace either. Mainly because of my super model good looks. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2,33 GHz, 2 GB RAM.. Mac Pro, 2.66GHz, 4GB RAM, Apple Cinema 24"
I joined the forum this morning, so here is a pic of me

bilde57kk2.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
After the swim (and shower)...

On Monday I pulled muscles in my back. I'm lucky. Despite being in lots of pain and unable to do much of anything, it really is only a muscle issue. The bones are only slightly misaligned. So Monday I swam and felt better Tuesday. Tonight I swam again and now I feel fine, if a bit tired. "Swimming" is 18 pool lengths (1/4 mile).

Hope you are on the mend mathogre. Doesn't sound like fun... the swimming does, but the reason doesn't!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
I never really understood why people get piercing and die there hair and whatnot. They say they want to be different but there are millions of people out there just like them. I dont get it.

I'm really tired of hearing that. I have piercings because I like jewelry, i like to wear rings and bracelets and rings in my nose and a barbel through my lip... our generation is just completely misunderstood... and that is an understatement. Its fashion, I dye my hair all the time cause I like change, its art, its color, its self expression. I'm sure there are some people out there that dress crazy or whatever to be shocking and 'different' but they probably have bigger issues.

sigh...

edit:
and furthermore! I don't smoke cigarettes of smoke pot or do drugs or drink or am i straight edge, or go to hardcore shows, or scene kid shows, sometimes i dress like a scene kid sometimes i dress like a nice girl sometimes jeans and a t shirt.

****in stereotypes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hope you are on the mend mathogre. Doesn't sound like fun... the swimming does, but the reason doesn't!
Thanks mac57! I'm fine now. It's annoyance, but nothing more than that, as long as I swim anyway. ^_^

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ambivalent,

Anyone who has the guts to jump out of a plane is fine in my book. ^_^

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
ambivalent,

Anyone who has the guts to jump out of a plane is fine in my book. ^_^
You forgot to add perfectly good plane :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I agree with ambivalent, I also dye my hair all the time, different colors when I feel like it. I hate looking the same all the time, I get tired of seeing brown hair all the time, so I change it. It's not meant to fit into crowds or anything. it's the same way with tattoos and piercings. I do them because I enjoy it, not to fit in.

I hate it when people try to throw that stereotype around, because I'm not a scene kid, I did go to shows allot a few years ago before I lost all of my friends, but still, it wasn't because i tried to fit in. I've looked the way I have for years. And I probably will, as long as I can still fit into my clothes ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Everybody is jumping all over me for what I said but you all know the kind of people I am talking about.

Not the people who do t just because they like it. The people who do it because they are "rebelling against their parents" or something stupid like that. Don't tell me you have never met a person like this.

And never once did i try to throw a stereotype on anybody on this site.

I respect that you like doing it. Respect the fact that don't understand why you would do it and therefore dont do it myself.

M

MacHeadCase

Well didn't you just throw in a stereotype in there?

The people who do it because they are "rebelling against their parents" or something stupid like that.

To me, that's stereotyping.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.