• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The Mac-Forums Mug Shot List

Reaction score
Step by step instructions for taking and uploading mug shot to Mac-Forums Official Mug-Shot thread.

Requires OS Tiger, Photo Booth (iLife'06) and a iSight camera.

1. Launch Photo Booth. (Macintosh HD>Applications>Photo Booth.app)

2. Click on the Effects 1 box.

3. Select a filter of your choice by clicking on it, preferably the 'Normal' one.

4. Look at the Photo Booth screen and make sure you are in the right position in the window.

5. When you're ready click on the big red button which has a white camera icon in it.

6. There is a 3-2-1-Take Pic countdown so you have time to smile.

7. Your pic has been taken and is now showing as the last (or first) pic in the bottom section. Click on it to view. If happy move to step 8. If not then try it over again.

8. Highlight your pic (click on it) and then click on the iPhoto icon to the left, above your thumbnail photo. This launches iPhoto and imports your pic and highlights it for you to see it.

9. Go to the file menu and select 'Export'. Select the 'Full-size images' option and click 'Export'. Name your pic and select 'Desktop' in the 'Where:' box, then click OK and then quit iPhoto and Photo Booth and we'll now move on to find your Desktop photo.

10. Find your pic and ctrl/right-click on it and select Get Info. Make sure the file size is no more than 1mb. if it is then close the Get Info window and double-click the image to open it up in "Preview". Click on File and then Save As and save it as a JPEG and move the 'Quality Slider' along to the left and set it to the 2nd notch and click Save.

11. Two things might happen - you will be asked to overwrite the original file with the one you are trying to save, OR, you have 2 images on your desktop. If so, make sure you know which of the two is the smaller file before continuing on to step 12.

12.Now you need to launch Safari (or your browser of choice) and go to Mac-Forums website and log in, of course. Navigate to the Mug-Shot thread which is a sticky in Anything Goes section. Open the thread and go to the last post and click POST REPLY. (to the left underneath the last post).

13. Below the Submit Reply button there is an Additional Options section. Click on the Manage Attachments button in the 'Attach files' section.

14. Now a new window springs open which is the place you upload your image. Click on the 'Choose File' button and in the window that opens, navigate to the correct image which should be still sitting on your DeskTop. Click "Choose" and the in the Manage Attachments window click on the Upload button.

15. When your file has been uploaded, a new section appears in the Manage Attachments window called 'Current Attachments' and shows your image there. You can now click on 'Close this window' which is in the top right corner.

16. Now you are nearly done! Add some text to your post and just click on the 'Submit Reply' button and that's it!

:EDIT: D'oh CarlConti08 & MacHeadCase beat me to it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
Boy Pulse, your really workin' for the Member of the Month title. Well I think you earned it. You surpassed me and MacHeadCase in detail and thoroughness. Nice job!

Reaction score
Not really, I just remember what it was like to be bamboozled by something other mac users might think was too basic or common knowledge and there's me nearly going up the wall with frustration.

BTW - I just updated mega-mug-shot! See post #172, and no Carl, I haven't replaced your original photo - it's not just as easy as that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Great job people!

Still missing some "Regulars", let's see:

D3v1L80y
Pulse-8
Schweb
kman445
coach_z
novicew
yogi
MacHeadCase
rman
iRye
CrossBones
ToddG (withOUT the filter Mr. Green) :D
KorDorSean
Surfwax
...Post them! :D

I'm a regular?
I'm very flattered. :)

But I prefer not to post my face on the tubes. Sorry mates!

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
We don't care what you "prefer"... post the picture!!!

:D:D:D Just kidding... do what you like :D:D:D

Reaction score
You can even wear a wig/sun glasses/fake moustache iRye .... or choose a pixelating filter ...

OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
You can even wear a wig/sun glasses/fake moustache iRye .... or choose a pixelating filter ...

Yeah, you could use the iMask like this:

410920648_390f413125_o.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Had to go do dinner and while I was gone you all went to work for me. Thanks to all of you, MHC, Carl and Pulse. That's why I love this place, you all are great. I owe all of you and Pulse your poor fingers probably need a rest! Okay, I'll give it a try again and reps are certainly in order.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
check my avatar, that's me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
heres a bigger one

IMG_0035a.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Okay, here goes!

MyPicture.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks to you and others! It was actually easy as I knew it would be. Well, guess anything is easy when you know how to do it ;>)

M

MacHeadCase

Just like this guy... Boston Bruins coach, Dave Lewis. He makes me think of the fake plastic eyeglasses with the nose and mustache they have in the cheap joke/trick/novelty stores...

Attachments

• Dave_Lewis.jpg
    Dave_Lewis.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 93
Reaction score
Just like this guy... Boston Bruins coach, Dave Lewis. He makes me think of the fake plastic eyeglasses with the nose and mustache they have in the cheap joke/trick/novelty stores...

lol

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Here's a picture taken at a show in which I performed. It's the only picture of me that doesn't make me look like a tool, I think...

n50107594613236761ic0.jpg

I understand this is supposed to be a "mugshot" thread, but I don't have a new-fangled computer with an iSight.

Nor do I care enough to take another picture.

Love,
Jordan

Last edited:
OP
RiDE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Great Surfwax (Jordan)!!!

If your Mac has iSight/Photo Booth please use that.
If not, that's okay too.

No real rules, it's just nice to put a "face to the name" regardless of the format. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It worked! Hello carol! *Waves*

Thank you! Yes, it was quite easy. You know, I had never even paid attention to the box below (blush). I suppose I'm just not the inquisitive type.

I was just trying to "drag" my photo right onto the reply box. Nope, that didn't work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.