Macbook Memory Upgrade!

Reaction score
Hi there,

Currently, I am running a 1.83 macbook with 512 Ram.

I just want to ask you if its okay to run 256mb ram in one slot and a 1gb in the other slot? Will i expecting any trouble?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro
It will work just fine. I was running the same thing once and you will find a lot of other people around here are using 1.25 as well.

J

jamesx

i thought that apple says that you should only use pairs of memory and not to mix and match??? like 2x 256 or 2x 512...

not saying it wont work, i just thought thats what the deal was...

Reaction score
I dont see why it wont work. If you have 512 why not just get a 1 gb and run 1.5?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
I'm running two sticks of 512 right now and plan on buying a 1gb stick in the near future. There's nothing wrong with mixing and matching, my lappy will be more than happy to accommodate the extra 512mbs of memory to work with :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 1GB 120GB HD...soon to upgrade to 2GB of Ram
of course apple won't recommend it, because if there were issues they would probably have to worry about compatibility issues. however, with my desktop PCs i mix and match all the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
For Optimum Best performance use pairs, but not using matched pairs still works fine

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.