freezing when connect my external disc

Reaction score
i have a macbook 13 2ghz 1 gb ram...everything are working perfectly.only when i connect my external disc(seagate 300gb) sometimes my mac freeze and a strange message pops up,take the hole screen,says restart your computer in several languages and i cant do anything.i cant even move tha mouse cursor.i figured out a way to make it mount by oppening repeadetly the disc utility when i connect it and sometimes helps...its very strange.i search for any updates for the particular hard-drive but nothing...any suggestions

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I would recommend trying a different cable first. It sounds like a hardware problem to me.

OP
L
Reaction score
yeah it is a hardware problem thats what i thought so i formated the disc couple of times with no luck....any other suggestions?heeellllpppp

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
yeah it is a hardware problem thats what i thought so i formated the disc couple of times with no luck....any other suggestions?heeellllpppp

Did you try using a different firewire/usb cable like I mentioned? Might be a short in the cable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.