Upgrade

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
If I was to perform a ram upgrade myself would that void My 3-year Apple Care warranty?

Or is there a more inexpensive option for upgrading ram without paying Apple's prices and not voiding warranty?

thanks

-miles

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
If I was to perform a ram upgrade myself would that void My 3-year Apple Care warranty?

Or is there a more inexpensive option for upgrading ram without paying Apple's prices and not voiding warranty?

thanks

-miles

From what I have been told is that if you upgrade your ram yourself it will NOT void anything but the ram portion of the warranty. Meaning your ram is not covered and if your ram messes something else up that will not be covered.. the chances of you upgrading your ram and it messing something else up is VERY VERY slim, Mac's have safeguards against that.

Reaction score
Agreed, you can install ram and AirPort cards into iBooks with out any warranty issues. Now, if you succeed in forcing a 168 pin chip into place or jamming an extreme card into the AirPort slot.... then yeah, Apple will have a problem with that!

Reaction score
you can upgrade the ram yourself, and i suggest this as you will save yourself a boatload of money if you dont have to deal with apple.

OP
milessthomas
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
Thank you for the info! I'll be upgrading very soon. If anyone has suggestions of what sites they have come across with the most inexpensive ram solutions let me know thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.