Ach!! pop up that I couldn't kill...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
I'm in shock. This was my first internet prob on my mac and I didn't know what to do, lol. I was on anywho.com and got a pop up spam thing that I couldn't get rid of no matter what I did. It was for some bogus security update for "my PC" of all things! I tried closing that tab, but I couldn't. I was about to close the whole browser, which would have sucked b/c I had a bunch of stuff open I needed. I ended up hitting esc and delete a bunch of times and eventually I was able to close the tab, but I don't know what did it.

So how am I supposed to kill a rouge pop up? I was in firefox BTW. Is it a firefox prob? Where should I post this anyways?

Thanks all,

Reaction score
I doubt this is the correct forum for it, but it could have been using some JavaScript or something to make sure it couldn't be closed. If you see it again, try taking a screenshot, and getting the source for both the oroginating page, and the popup. Somebody might be able to tell from those what the problem is/was.

OP
rcronin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
Thanks. Where to post it? applications?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.