DVD to iPod converter

Reaction score
I just downloaded iSquint for my macbook to convert video files that I had for my iPod. Now I am interested in converting DVDs for my iPod. Does anyone have any suggestions on which program to use or if there is a way I can use iSquint to convert DVDs. Any suggestion is helpful, thanks!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Use MacTheRipper or MediaFork to Rip the DVD's to your computer.

You can then use iSquint to get them to your iPod.

It sounds like you may also want to take a look at ffmpeg

To get back-up DVD's I use TOAST to Burn them to DVD's (as back-ups). TOAST is $79.99, but well worth it IMO, if you burn a lot... You can also burn with the software built-in to OS X.

OP
R
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the suggestions. Allthough I did try to download ffmpeg, and it said i needed three more programs to run it and the links they gave me sent me to a page with a whole bunch of numbers. I also had looked into Torrents and got real confused fast so if you have any info about this please do tell!

OP
R
Reaction score
I just downloaded mac the ripper and it said this warning about me now being in touch with the law and that I am responsible for my actions, whats that about?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
I just downloaded mac the ripper and it said this warning about me now being in touch with the law and that I am responsible for my actions, whats that about?
Because depending on where you live, it is copyright infringement to circumvent copyright protection of DVDs. And of course copying dvds you don't own is also unlawful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Mac The Ripper will only burn the Video_TS folder to your hard drive, you then have to use iSquint or MediaFork/Handbrake to convert it. MediaFork/Handbrake will rip the video from your DVD directly to the format you need for the iPod, no other software required in most cases. Look at the tutorials in my signature.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.