Photoshop Elements and Intel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro and iPad2
I have currently been running Photoshop Elements v2.0 on my Intel iMac and it seems to perform normally. I am interested in upgrading to v4.0 and I would be interested in learning about other folks' experience with it. I have tried to determine from the Adobe web site what I might expect but the little information provided is rather inconclusive. The relevant Adobe forum hasn't helped either.
Incidentally, the link on the Adobe site to the "free tryout" download isn't working - which makes me wonder!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I have heard that it works just fine, just slower than on a PPC Mac, since it is not a Universal Binary.

Reaction score
I am running Elements 4.0 on my Intel MacPro without any problems. It runs much better than it did on my old XP box. The trial link for Macs hasn't been working for a while.

Andy

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro and iPad2
PE on Intel

Thanks for the responses - very helpful.

Reaction score
When should we expect a Universal version of Elements to come out, since Photoshop CS3 is due out soon?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G
Elemtns is on 5.02 for PC , so maybe soon ? 5 has been out since last year on PC....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Photoshop Elements 4.0 for Mac came out almost 9 months after 4.0 for the PC. If this is any indication, we won't see 5.0 until May of this year or so, but I am not holding my breath.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
One thing to add - Adobe doesn't generally offer free upgrades within a certain timeframe of buying their products. So, if you buy 4.0 now and in a few months the Universal binary/5.0 version comes out, you will have to pay for the upgrade.

I've been using Photoshop Elements on my PC for quite a long time now and had intended to buy it for my Mac, but I'm going to wait for precisely that reason.

Reaction score
I had been running Adobe elements on my Intel based I-Mac
A few weeks ago it stopped working...I tried to re-install and it said that classic mode was not supported...Can anyone help

Sorry to threadjack, but thought it was on topic....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.