Upgrading to 2gb RAM

Reaction score
I just bought 2x1gb G.Skill Ram from Newegg.com, and I was wondering, when it arrives, what program can I use to verify that this new Ram is good? I read about using the macintosh install cd to verify the hardware, but i know that there are many other programs that may be better. What program is the best?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
Just go to the blue apple at the top left corner of your screen, select about this mac, select more info, select memory. You will see both slots and the state of your ram.

Reaction score
Depends on what you do. My computer often goes past 1G of RAM use, but never reaches 2G. While the jump from 512M to 1G shows greater speed improvement for most people than 1G to 2G, if you keep a lot of apps running at once or use memory-intensive programs (including e.g. Parallels) then it will help a lot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
There are two good ways to test your RAM. One is to boot from your OSX install CD. In there, there is a memory test that you can run to see if you have any bad sectors. There is also a program called Memtest OS X that you can use and that also detects bad sectors. I god G. Skill RAM for my MacBook, and I had no problems whatsoever with it.

OP
K
Reaction score
yea, when I initially installed parallels, it ran sooooo slow on my computer, so I just stopped using it. Now, I finally run vista!
MemTest is the program that I had heard about, I just couldn't remember the name, Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.