will retail OSX tiger instal on iMac G4 without needing original OSX disk>?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMacG4 1ghz. 17 inch.
If I purchase a retail OSX 10.4 disk will it install on my iMac G4 without needing the original OSX 10.0 disk?

My problem is I cant install OSX right now b/c every disk I have is an upgrade disk. Currently I cannot install OSX 10.3 disk that came with the computer because the disk is an upgrade disk and needs the previous version disk. i can only find my very old (2001) OSX 10.0 disk. But it wont even boot from this copy. And my OS9 disk is an upgrad disk also. So I figure I have to buy a brand new copy of the OS?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Yes, a full version of OS X will install on your iMac, as long as it meets the system requirements, and it should.

Reaction score
If I purchase a retail OSX 10.4 disk will it install on my iMac G4 without needing the original OSX 10.0 disk?

My problem is I cant install OSX right now b/c every disk I have is an upgrade disk. Currently I cannot install OSX 10.3 disk that came with the computer because the disk is an upgrade disk and needs the previous version disk. i can only find my very old (2001) OSX 10.0 disk. But it wont even boot from this copy. And my OS9 disk is an upgrad disk also. So I figure I have to buy a brand new copy of the OS?

I have a copy of Tiger, *BRAND* new, for sale. If you want it, see my other thread or PM me. Will include iLife '06 retail, VERY cheap!!.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.