Terminal

Reaction score
Are there any good tools that will let me avoid any of this command line stuff and use a gui instead?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Yes. It's called Mac OS X.

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
Are there any good tools that will let me avoid any of this command line stuff and use a gui instead?

This is probably the strangest request I've seen around here.

Terminal is *for* the command line, everything else in OS X is GUI based. What do you currently do in Terminal that you want to do in the GUI?

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
By and large, a Mac OS X user should never have to pull up Terminal to get things done. Terminal is there for the power users who want to use it, but you should be able to live day to day in Mac OS X without ever needing Terminal. While Mac OS X is a *nix based system, it does not require you to use Terminal.

OP
S
Reaction score
I've had various issues with server permissions, spotlight and software updates and the answers I get always involve me going into Terminal and typing in a lot of commands. This seems like a step backwards from all of my Windows machines where I can do everything I need to do through the gui.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Great! Clix is a pretty cool App. to get you more comfortable with the terminal and it's massive power. I'm glad you like it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.