Old Powerbook v Macbook

Reaction score
Ok chaps heres a quick one......new (mid) Macbook, versus old 15" 1.67ghz 1gb RAM powerbook.........

im sure there are many things to consider by my thought (and having previously used a powerbook for work (video editing on FCP)) I have experience with them and know they are pretty tasty.

My thought is basically to capitalise on the influx of second-hand 'old' powerbooks (those apple boys sure do know how to whip up a frenzy ;))
.....but if the macbook really is a match for the 'old' powerbook then i'll obviously seriouslt consider a macbook

any thoughts are most welcome

TDRP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I went with the 15" PB over a new MB just for the simple fact the screen on the MB is way to small for my taste.. 13" just won't cut it for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
There was a Poll for this recently -

CLICK!

Some good opinions there.

OP
T
Reaction score
cheers for that Moss, much appreciated, but video editing is definitely an issue for me and something i may well do at some point (im getting rid of my G5 as well) so with, what seem to be doubts, over the macbooks video handling (FCP) maybe an old powerbook is the one for me......?!?!?!?

anyone out there using Fin al Cut Pro on a new (mid) macbook?

TDRP

Reaction score
My rule of thumb, is never to buy old, outdated technology, when for a couple of hundred more, you can get the latest.

Especially in this situation, where the new Intel proc's easily outperfom the older PPC processors.

Reaction score
If you are looking for performance and price the new macbook would run better and apple gives you a lot of applications with the new macbooks. I had the same decision to make and i bought a macbook, but thats my opinion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.