questions about osx

Reaction score
What sort of procedure/app would one use in OSX to type in different language scripts, such as Japanese, Spanish, and Thai?

Also, does anyone on this board know how well half-life 2/counter-strike would run on a 2 GHz Macbook w/ 2 Gigs of RAM?

Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I don't feel as though I can answer your first question, but I can answer your second one with confidence.

The Macbook comes with integrated graphics that has 64MB of memory, which it shares with the system memory (i.e. RAM). To put it bluntly, it's pretty pitiful, so you shouldn't be expecting much performance out of it in regard to 3D programs. What this means is that those games most likely won't work on your Macbook, and even if they did, they would run so slow or with such poor graphics that it's not even worth bothering.

If you want to play games on a Mac laptop, you'll have to get yourself a Macbook Pro which has a dedicated video card, and a good one at that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.