Macbook stuck on apple screen

Reaction score
My wife was using the computer earlier and when she was finished shut it down normally. She went to turn it on a little bit ago and it got to the grey screen with the apple and the thing spinning symbolizing loading I guess but it never loads to the desktop (sorry I'm a PC guy). I ran the hardware test on the OS X (holding D down) and everything checked out fine. I also tried holding down C and got to the screen where it ask if I want to install anything and I just click boot from HD and still nothing. Also tried taking the battery out and holding down the power button but that did nothing as well. I'm going to have to take this back to the store but does anyone know what the problem is?

Reaction score
are there any ipods or external devices plugged into the computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Is there a Disk in the Drive?

Sorry for the "20 Questions".

OP
L
Reaction score
Is there a Disk in the Drive?

Sorry for the "20 Questions".

There were no disks in the drive but the problem is fixed. I called Apple Care and ended up reinstalling the software on the 2 CDs. Works fine now. I wonder what cause the problem though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Good news! Welcome to Mac-Forums!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, Intel Core 2 Duo
I hope your problem doesnt appear again. welcome aboard, this forum has plenty of info regarding your apple.

Reaction score
I had the same problem whenever I started up my macbook. The problem was I did not do the software updates on my computer(They are weekly reminders that pop up) and when a firmware download poped up i didn't get it and I had that problem. If that happens reset your p-ram by doing apple option p r. Hold it down and it should make a loud beep and start up as normal. Then when your logged in go to apple- software update-and download any new software. Be sure to check for software updates a lot and I hope you don't have another problem!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.