Desktop HD icon (no workie)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MAC Pro 2.66
Let me say I love my Mac Pro like I love my kids...sometimes you want to hug 'em...sometimes you want to beat 'em. Guess what time I'm experiencing now! I have four HD's on my Mac Pro, all visible to the right on the desktop. Three of them open their respective Finder windows when clicked upon. My HD2 does nothing. Any suggestions? I can access the hardrive by opening a new Finder window and accessing it through the sidebar, but not from the desktop.

Maybe related (but I don't know how), I can't use the Finder from the drop down menus (e.g. Go, etc)

I'm stumped on this one although it doesn't take much.
Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Shawn

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, Digital Louie.

Sounds like a corrupted Finder pref file. Spot that file and drag it to your trash. Restart. Don't delete the file till you are sure everything is in good working order.

Path is this: Macintosh HD -> Users -> Your home directory -> Library -> Preferences -> com.apple.finder.plist

Let us know what this gives you please.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.