MacBook Powercord Problem

OP
captclose
Reaction score
Okay captclose, here's another idea.

Do you ever unplug your machine? Have you unplugged it since getting the new power cord, other than to get pictures of it? When you unplug it, where does the plug sit?

Have you ever opened your MacBook to find the cord is caught in between the cover and the bottom of the machine?

Close your MacBook and then open it. Look at the back when you do it. Could you have caught your cord in there? The plastic around the display frame is rather sharp, and it wouldn't take much to crush the cord and cut it on one side without harming the other. You might not even have noticed doing it. You could even try to see if the cord would fit in there. It could explain lots of things.

Anyway, just a thought.

Yes I sometimes although rarely unplug my computer. The plug just normally sits on the floor. I know, the cat can get to it there. I really am pretty sure she is not though. I am gonna set a bear trap just to be sure though.

I thought about your lid theory too. It's possible that could happen. I just don't think it has. I tried to get the lid edge to contact the cord where the damage is but I couldn't due to the plug end getting in the way.

Your awesome for keeping track of my thread. I'm givin you rep points for all your help. Keep thinking though or I'll take them away! LOL.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, Intel Core 2 Duo
Hmmmmmmmm, how about your chair, what i mean, it might have been on the floor and your roled(if has wheels) or placed the chairs leg over it and sat down that could do it??????!!!!!!!!

OP
captclose
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmm, how about your chair, what i mean, it might have been on the floor and your roled(if has wheels) or placed the chairs leg over it and sat down that could do it??????!!!!!!!!

Thanks, but there is no chair where I use this laptop. Normally, It's in my room on the bed. Keep the ideas coming.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Your awesome for keeping track of my thread. I'm givin you rep points for all your help. Keep thinking though or I'll take them away! LOL.
Thanks! Ah, unsolved problems are my specialty. Love 'em. This is a tough one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 Ghz Macbook Pro, 4GB Ram, 250 GB HD
My charger has done the same thing. It is 4 months old. I have no pets at home.

It has now stopped charging completely. I searched and found this thread. I can't imagine anything that has been described so far has happend to my charger. The only thing I can think of is I travel with my laptop everyday and I wind up the cord around itself and attatch it via the little latch that is included on it. I then put it in my bag.

Could this be causing undue stress on that point of the cord?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)
Put some laxative on the plug. If you notice your cat walking funny then you will have your culprit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
anyone want a cat? :)

ha

maybe your cat is just like everyone elses cat. it does it when youre not looking. how can you tell the cat did it? you cant, but i doubt your apple laptop ate it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.