emac external monitor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.25 gig G4
Hello I'm new to this forum so I hope I am in the right place. I went back 50 pages looking for and answer but couldn't find it. My daughters emac lost its horizontal hold. Atleast that's what I think. The picture shrank to a 3/4 inch bar in the center. I'm assuming it's a bad component on the analog board. I feel comfortable changing out anything needed (board or component) but getting the part for an old comp isn't cost effective. So I told my daughter to use the video out for the mirror monitor. When she went to apple store in her town to get adapter, the sales person there told here that she would need to see the original monitor screen to set up the other monitor. That doesn't make sense to me. If it only mirrors I would assume it would work as soon as it is plugged in. I've never had any experience with the emac and never saw hers, but I believe she has the older 700mhz version. Can someone who knows let me know if the sales guy is full of it. I will be taking to her tonight and will get the model then. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
You should just get the mirrored image as soon as you plug in the external monitor... at least that's the way it worked on my iBook.

Just be sure you buy the miniVGA-> VGA adapter, not the miniDVI->VGA adapter - they look quite similar.

OP
Vlad
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.25 gig G4
Thanks Aptmunich thats what I was thinking, it just didn't make sense to have it other wise. I guess the emac isn't a very popular model in this forum, though you'd never know it by the way it sells on ebay. I've been watching for a parts machine but everything sell to high for my budget. thanks again for you help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.