new Shuffle

Reaction score
Hello all -

I have been an absent member for a while now. Just picked up a new Shuffle this weekend so I thought I'd stop by the forums. I am loving the new Shuffle... the size still astounds me.

My only complaint is about the charging... I hate how it can only be charged out of the box via computer USB port. I really am not liking the extra $29 for an adapter... but I think it is worth it I suppose.

But other than that, it is absolutely fantastic. Also, the headphones are so far superior or my old iPod 20GB pair. The new ones are one hundred times more comfortable... I was very impressed there.

Have a great day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Thanks Toyota. I appreciate the review. I've been wanting to force one of these on my wife (she says her samsung is fine.. to which I say NO, it is NOT)...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Hello all -

I have been an absent member for a while now. Just picked up a new Shuffle this weekend so I thought I'd stop by the forums. I am loving the new Shuffle... the size still astounds me.

My only complaint is about the charging... I hate how it can only be charged out of the box via computer USB port. I really am not liking the extra $29 for an adapter... but I think it is worth it I suppose.

But other than that, it is absolutely fantastic. Also, the headphones are so far superior or my old iPod 20GB pair. The new ones are one hundred times more comfortable... I was very impressed there.

Have a great day.

for what its worth these chargers are still via usb but if you get sick of the cord or the dock you could use these as cheap alternatives.

http://www.meritline.com/usb-retractable-cable-for-ipod-shuffle-2nd-gen.html

http://store.mobibluamerica.com/damija.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I remember the good old days when Apple would bundle chargers, both Firewire and USB cables, and a good quality case.....

I think I have 2 or 3 of the wall chargers sitting in my closet :black:

OP
TOYOTA
Reaction score
for what its worth these chargers are still via usb but if you get sick of the cord or the dock you could use these as cheap alternatives.

Thanks for the links Sean, but yeah I don't mind the dock/cord, I just want to be able to charge it with an outlet. Although I did find this from one of those links that you posted...

http://www.meritline.com/travel-charger-for-ipod-shuffle-2nd-gen.html

That is nice, but I am not a huge fan of using aftermarket items, so I think I'll go with an Apple adapter. Thanks for the heads up on those though, those prices are dirt cheap if anyone is looking for something like that.

RIDE said:
Thanks Toyota. I appreciate the review. I've been wanting to force one of these on my wife (she says her samsung is fine.. to which I say NO, it is NOT)...

RIDE, throw the Samsung in the trash can and go buy her a Shuffle :headphone

Kash said:
I remember the good old days when Apple would bundle chargers, both Firewire and USB cables, and a good quality case.....

I think I have 2 or 3 of the wall chargers sitting in my closet

No doubt. I wish those days were still here. I have my Apple adapter from my iPod 20GB, but it is a FireWire port... so it doesn't help me with my Shuffle, unfortunately. I may be able to trade my FireWire adapter with a friend for his USB adapter so I can use it with both of my iPods.

Unless, of course, you are willing to part with one of your spares. :)

OP
TOYOTA
Reaction score
If by "Trash" you mean: Ebay... Then Yes! yes I will!!!

Ok, fair enough, just as long as you no longer will own it. I guess you may as well make a buck off of it. But seriously, I don't think the Shuffle will disappoint. I hope she comes around on the idea!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
No doubt. I wish those days were still here. I have my Apple adapter from my iPod 20GB, but it is a FireWire port... so it doesn't help me with my Shuffle, unfortunately. I may be able to trade my FireWire adapter with a friend for his USB adapter so I can use it with both of my iPods.

Unless, of course, you are willing to part with one of your spares. :)

Have you tried charging it with the Firewire charger? I know that my first generation Nano doesn't support Firewire, but it still charges with the Firewire charger.

OP
TOYOTA
Reaction score
Have you tried charging it with the Firewire charger? I know that my first generation Nano doesn't support Firewire, but it still charges with the Firewire charger.

You cannot use FireWire with the new Shuffles. To charge them, you insert it onto the dock (via headphone jack) which has a USB cable. So, unfortunately, FireWire is not an option. I wish it were, then I could use my old adapter!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.