Basic Image Editing Program

Reaction score
Can anybody suggest a program similar to ACDSee (for PC) but something for Mac that is simple to browse images, resize them etc etc

I have photoshop, and IPhoto but need something easier to resize multipale images etc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Have you tried GIMP? I don't know how great it would do on Multiples but it is a great photo editor.

I know Automator can do large tasks as well...

OP
dirtbike
Reaction score
No but will check it out. All i need is something simple to resize images once i have downloaded them off my camera or images from internet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
If you already have Photoshop, then GIMP won't really offer anything more or vastly different.
If you want to resize anything in multiple, then setting Automator would be your best bet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Good point DB...

Also if you do want to try GIMP, you'll need to first install X11 from your OS X install disk.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I second Pulse-8's vote for ImageWell. This is a great little application that does just a few things and does them very well. I love it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
No but will check it out. All i need is something simple to resize images once i have downloaded them off my camera or images from internet.

Just use iPhoto, it's great for resizing images, it's really easy too and bundled!

Reaction score
I know Macromedia Fireworks lets you do batch processing. There must be a way to do it in Photoshop too. I'm a PS nOOb so I can't help you there, but I would think that if Fireworks can do it, PS should be able to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
You could also create a simple Photoshop Action that will resize the images, you can then run an image processing batch applying those settings.

Are you familiar with actions in photoshop?

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
I recommend going the Automator route, just google for Automator tutorials as I'm pretty sure I've seen one somewhere that does exactly what you want.

The reason I recommend this is that learning Automator for simple batch tasks like this will help you unleash the power at your fingertips, you will suddenly find out just how powerful a computer can be when you know how to make it do things your way instead of continuously hunting for tools that suit your needs.

Amen-Moses

(of course this assumes you are running Tiger, if not you will probably need to use AppleScript instead, there are plenty of AppleScript tutorials out there anyhow.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
SeaShore is also good. It's based off of GIMP I believe. It's closer to MS Paint, but has layer support, and the like.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.