Brushed metal theme

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' Black MacBook Core Duo 1.25 GB Ram 80GB HD
Is there any way to get rid of the brushed metal theme on things like finder and ichat I'd rather have just a plane smooth theme. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
go to www.versiontracker.com or www.macupdate and search candybar and shapeshifter.. candybar will allow you to change your icons.. shapeshifter will allow you to change the theme of windows and apps etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
I use the theme "7" with Shapeshifter. Its based on the new iTunes 7 interface. It has a couple of different styles without the brushed metal.

Picture 2.png

OP
AnthonyJK
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Exactly what I'm looking for thanks guys! I'm guessing there are no freeware progams that will do this though?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Exactly what I'm looking for thanks guys! I'm guessing there are no freeware progams that will do this though?

not that I have found.. I can tell you this much.. candybar and shapeshifter are both worth every penny in my opinion.

OP
AnthonyJK
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Cradom you are awesome thank you!

Reaction score
I hated UNO. I'll tell you why. I feel Apple's strategy to use different GUI styles is intentional. It helps me identify an App without seeing much of the window. See more on this topic here and here.

Reaction score
That makes a good point yogi, however, for someone like me who uses mainly one or two apps at a time, it's not an issue. I guess it's personal preference.

Reaction score
not that I have found.. I can tell you this much.. candybar and shapeshifter are both worth every penny in my opinion.
I bought CanyBar and am very happy I did. Shapeshifer is next and I plan on having some cool stuff on my desktop.
winktongue.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I bought CanyBar and am very happy I did. Shapeshifer is next and I plan on having some cool stuff on my desktop.
winktongue.gif

I used the 15 day free trial of shapeshifter and loved it.. I think you will be very happy if you decide to buy shapeshifter.. I have come across some really cool themes.. there are a TON out there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.