isight camera specs etc...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 80GB, 1GB, Superdrive
does anyone know what the specs are for the built-in isight camera on the macbook? i am wondering if the built in camera is as good as a stand-alone logitech 5000 (or similar). and does the built in camera work with skype?
thanks,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB c2d 2.16ghz, 2gb RAM, 120gb Harddive
i think it is a 1.3megapixel camera, and it should work with skype, i don't know how it compares with the logitech. i am not positve on megapixels but i think that is right

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
Your right, if not close on the 1.3megapixel.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
I'd say that the built-in iSight is actually better than the Logitech 5000 based on other posts I've read elsewhere, but I just went to Logitech's site to check it's specs. At 640 x 480 pixels it's right at the same level, so at the very least it is on par with the Logitech. Though some users have reported superior picture quality with the iSight (built-in) to other webcams, so YMMV.

At any rate, for what it does it's a fine camera.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
I've noticed some odd images with the iSight though.

If your in OS X it's fantastic and has a really good image.

But if you use BootCamp it turns to a grainy/fuzzy image.

I did originally notice this indoors so I stepped outside for natural light around 4pm in the UK and OS X's image was incredible but again the BootCamp XP side was grainy! Grrrrr

just shows how much better life in in the X lane.

Reaction score
MacBook Air vs. MacBook

Are the iSights of the MacBook & the MacBook Air similar as well?

It seems that the one of the MacBook Air is grainy,fuzzy, whatever.

Is it really?

Reaction score
While we're discussing iSight cameras, same question for the iMac.

In short, are all the iSight cameras the same -- and of decent quality for Skype?

Reaction score
I've noticed some odd images with the iSight though.

If your in OS X it's fantastic and has a really good image.

But if you use BootCamp it turns to a grainy/fuzzy image.

I did originally notice this indoors so I stepped outside for natural light around 4pm in the UK and OS X's image was incredible but again the BootCamp XP side was grainy! Grrrrr

just shows how much better life in in the X lane.

I'm using iSight on bootcamp XP as well and it works amazingly well for me. Video quality is the same as under mac os x.
So I guess it's either bootcamp drivers for iSight or software.

Reaction score
i think it is a 1.3megapixel camera, and it should work with skype, i don't know how it compares with the logitech. i am not positve on megapixels but i think that is right

it's actually 0.3 megapixels. i took a picture with photo booth, got the dimensions (from get info) and calculated it on an online megapixel calculator

i'm not sure how the logitech 5000 compares to the macbook built in isight but i think it's better cuz it looks bulkier (although you can't judge something by it's look

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.