• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Original Lime iMac with OS 8.5 Freeze, HELP!

C

Cognito

Hi Mac People,

I am giving away an older original lime iMac with OS 8.5 as a gift. Before I give away it has an annoying approximate 10 second freeze that locks up everything on the entire computer except that you can move the cursor arrow around, It does this all the time every 5-10 minutes or so. In addition, I performed a brand new clean install, have nothing in the CD tray and I even believe no apps are running.

in addition, my sister has the blueberry iMac and it does this on her system as well all the time. What the heck is going on...

Does anyone know whay this is doing this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance,
Dave
:confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
um... try to run it form the CD. (restart and press C ) and ull find if its a HD prob or a Internal circut problem...

put OSX on it, and that should be fixed.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I would upgrade the OS to either 8.6 or bring it up to 9.2.2. You will need a version of OS 9 to get to 9.2.2. You should be able to find 8.6 here. Mac OS 8.6 was the last revision before Mac OS 9 came out. From what I remember Mac OS 8.6 was a very stable OS level.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
ah it still had Software Graphics built in, so games looked cool.

Then apple made os9 which was the lead in to osx.. of course OSX would look pretty after that ugly beast.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.