Firefox download won't install--get error code

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24,2.33Ghz IntelCore2Duo,3GB RAM,750GB HardDrive,7600GT 256MB SDRAM Graphics,Final Cut Express
I have been told that I must use "Firefox" browser in order to access necessary sites pertaining to my job with an airline. So I downloaded the free "Firefox" and when trying to install the program I receive a message from Finder saying "The operation could not be completed. An unexpected error occurred (error code - 10660)." Does anyone have a solution???

Carleen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
error code 10660 states that an application cannot be run because it is in a trash folder.

i suggest you just re-download it and you should be set
-chris

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24,2.33Ghz IntelCore2Duo,3GB RAM,750GB HardDrive,7600GT 256MB SDRAM Graphics,Final Cut Express
Thanks coach z and KoDorSean. it worked!!!!

(LOVE this forum!!!) You are all a real big help for all of us "Newbies". I don't think I would have pressed on thru the crap I'm going through to "unlearn Windows" without the help of the folks from this forum. You guys make "switching" so much less painful.
Again, THANKS,
Carleen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
That error code can also mean that the application is either already installed on your system or that the file has the wrong extension associated with it.

Before you download it again, do a search on your computer for Firefox to see if there is any stray file or form of it somewhere first.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Thanks coach z and KoDorSean. it worked!!!!

(LOVE this forum!!!) You are all a real big help for all of us "Newbies". I don't think I would have pressed on thru the crap I'm going through to "unlearn Windows" without the help of the folks from this forum. You guys make "switching" so much less painful.
Again, THANKS,
Carleen

what fixed the issue?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
KoDorSean,
I simply re-downloaded Firefox and it seems to be working fine!!
Many thanks for all the help!!
Carleen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
KoDorSean,
I simply re-downloaded Firefox and it seems to be working fine!!
Many thanks for all the help!!
Carleen

Cool! I'm glad it was a simple fix!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.