A small rant about the macbook's design.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
Has anyone noticed how sharp the edge of the macbook around the outer casing where the screen meets with the keyboard section. It really starts to irritate the undersides of your wrists when you are typing on it. I had to buy a keyboard beanie wrist rest so I wouldn't have to have my wrists all marked up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
Doesnt bother me.... but i've seen a few people put black electrical tape along the edges or try and sand it down. Doesnt bother me because my wrists tont rest on the case that much....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
I haven't noticed it causing me any trouble. Perhaps yours is abnormal...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
Yeah that mother is sharp. Ya got to build up a macbook callous! If you look, after a couple of days you'll get a skin streak down where the snooze light is. It kind of looks like some one wiped a bugger on your mac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I noticed it when I first got my Macbook, but it wasn't really that annoying. I don't even notice it anymore.

Then again, I've been known to have rather thick skin, so I could just be special :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
I noticed when I first got my macbook - I wouldn't say it was sharp - just not very comfortable - but don't really notice it now. Of course if we all typed how we should then our wrists shouldn't be that low anyway ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
Hm...weird....I don't find the edges to be bothersome at all and my wrists don't even touch the sides when I type.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16GB iPhone, 17" iMac, 13" MacBook & 17" MacBook Pro
funny you mention this. I just got a new MacBook Sunday and I noticed this within a couple hours. it's tolerable and I suspect I won't even notice it within a couple weeks.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
hm, well, it bugs the heck out of me when i'm writing my long papers in the library or another room where I don't have my keyboard ergopad thingy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
interesting the things people decide to complain about these days :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83 C2D, 1GB, 60GB, CD
I just bought my Macbook Thursday and I do not see any real sharpness to the sides of the case. Of course, I may just be special. But I have not had any real problems with typing. I love the new Macbook keyboard. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
hm, well, it bugs the heck out of me when i'm writing my long papers in the library or another room where I don't have my keyboard ergopad thingy.

Phone apple, it's probably more sharp than it's supposed to be.

Reaction score
Hate to be a negative nancy, but I have to say, you're doing it wrong, I don't think you should be resting your wrists on the ledge when you type - ergonomics or something like that.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hate to be a negative nancy, but I have to say, you're doing it wrong, I don't think you should be resting your wrists on the ledge when you type - ergonomics or something like that.

You're probably right, I'm going to check the manual to see what it says. Maybe it's a good thing that it agitates my wrists haha. I understand this is probably a stupid thing to post about. But nevertheless, I felt it was a significant flaw and wanted to throw it out there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16GB iPhone, 17" iMac, 13" MacBook & 17" MacBook Pro
You're probably right, I'm going to check the manual to see what it says. Maybe it's a good thing that it agitates my wrists haha. I understand this is probably a stupid thing to post about. But nevertheless, I felt it was a significant flaw and wanted to throw it out there.
it's not stupid. it's obviously something several people have noticed and that's the whole purpose of a message board...to share thoughts, etc.

I was glad to see your post since I was wondering if I was the only one who noticed it.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Has anyone noticed how sharp the edge of the macbook around the outer casing where the screen meets with the keyboard section. It really starts to irritate the undersides of your wrists when you are typing on it. I had to buy a keyboard beanie wrist rest so I wouldn't have to have my wrists all marked up.

Yep - it bothered me for a time when I first got my MacBook Pro. Since I've gotten used to it, I no longer notice it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.