Horizontal Scrolling with Mouse Wheel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I just stumbled upon another cool bit of Mac OS X trickery and thought I would pass it along. I figured that this HAD to have already been discussed, so I did a search, but zippo, nothing there. So, for your Mac OS X application pleasure...

Did you know that many applications will scroll horizontally left and right if you hold down the SHIFT key while rolling the mouse wheel? This is too cool. I have tried it in Safari, Firefox and Thunderbird and it works in all three very well.

Too cool... ya gotta luv Mac OS X!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPB c2d 2.16ghz, 2gb RAM, 120gb Harddive
thats a cool tid bit of info... :p
i have a mighty mouse though so i can just scroll horizontally by spinning it that way but i use another mouse for gaming and sometimes apps if i just have it there so that will help.

OP
mac57
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
You know, finds like this make being a switcher really great. Just when you think you've pretty much got it, and you are getting pretty good with your Mac, you find something like this and realize that you have only just begun to scratch the surface. There is so much depth to Mac OS X.

I have been a switcher for 10 months now and have enjoyed every minute of it. With finds like the above, I am REALLY looking forward to the next ten months - bring it on!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.