mouse clicker noises?

Reaction score
today it came to my attention that my mouse clicker on my macbook makes noises..
like when i push it down it doesnt evenly make contact with the bottom part
and on top of that it makes a funny clicking sound..
i dont know if anyone has had this problem, just wondering
- danny

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
There was another member here who had a similar concern. This is definitely not normal behavior for a Macbook and you should get it checked out at your local Apple store.

Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing. Its worse if I press the button closer to any of the edges as opposed to the middle of the button.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83 C2D, 1GB, 60GB, CD
I just bought my Macbook and I'm not having any mouse clicking noises. I agree with Kash - call Apple and have them check it out.

Reaction score
There was another member here who had a similar concern. This is definitely not normal behavior for a Macbook and you should get it checked out at your local Apple store.

Yes, I noticed what I can best describe as a sort of 'pre-click' on my Macbook's trackpad button. Here's the thread:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54513

I took my Macbook in to see a 'Genuis' at the Apple Store, who confirmed that there is a very faint noise when you tap your finger on the button, not hard enough to trigger a click. Which means when you do trigger a click, you get that faint pre-click first. He seemed confident that it isn't a problem, and even suggested that maybe "they all do that and I just haven't noticed before."

Hmmmmmmmmmm. well, he took a note of my Macbook's serial number so at least if it does become a problem there's a record that I did enquire about it early on.

Cheers
John

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' Black MacBook Core Duo 1.25 GB Ram 80GB HD
I had this same problem took it into the apple store they replaced my whole keyboard and trackpad :black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.