Turning off Display mirroring

Reaction score
Seems to me this might be an okay thread to ask my question in, since I've had an absolute bear of a time trying to find an answer anywhere else. (I must admit, I think I'm having a "bad search engine month", where nothing I seek turns up...)

My question is this. I'm a newbie Mac user who works admin in a generally PC shop, trying to help another newbie Mac user get accustomed to his new Powerbook. Now, as this thread mentions, the Powerbooks desktop spans to the external monitor by default.

How do I turn that OFF? The Mac user I'm supporting wants to just turn on his Powerbook and leave it on the corner of his desk, and use the external versions each of monitor, keyboard and mouse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
How do I turn that OFF? The Mac user I'm supporting wants to just turn on his Powerbook and leave it on the corner of his desk, and use the external versions each of monitor, keyboard and mouse.

It is called Clamshell Mode. This post has some links to Apple's support page that should be of some assistance:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=281182&postcount=2

If he simply wants to toggle between mirroring and spanning, then pressing the F7 button should do it.
:black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.