Configure Everytime I Switch ON

JFK

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I thought I'd just pop a little post on here to say that I have sorted my annoying problem.
Needless to say I WON'T be telling anyome how I fixed it, as it is rather embarassing. I maybe a noob to the Mac, but I work with windows and PC's everyday. So I should have spotted my glaring mistake earlier.

Thanks for everyones imput anyway.

Cheers
J

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I wish you would tell what you did for all the other new Mac users who will probably do the same thing down the line. They can see your post and fix their problem.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Give it up. What did you do???

JFK

Reaction score
Ermm... ok then!!!
My pearls of wisdom would be, make sure you buy the correct router for you broadband connect.
Unlike me, don't buy a ADSL router when you have cable!!

Stupid or what. :radioacti

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel C2D iMac 2.16Ghz, 2GB Ram.
Hello,

Glad to see that you sorted out your problem JFK in the end embarassing as it may have been ;-) I have my Belkin router up and running however it appears to time out or slow down when searching for things, compared to using it on my other PC it used to be quite fast and very rarely cause concern. I'm not sure if this is my ISP or the router itself that may be causing the delays when searching in websites like Ebay,Google etc. I can understand that different times of day give different results, however I'm considering trying a different router to see if that makes any difference in speed. I have a 4 meg ADSL Max connection, and since using my router on the iMac it feels more like my old half meg connection at times in comparison.

Anyone else had this problem with there router?

Michael.

JFK

Reaction score
At the risk of sounding daft, I presume you definatley have the right router for your brodaband connection?? Unlike my good self of course??

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel C2D iMac 2.16Ghz, 2GB Ram.
Hello,

Yes I have the ADSL version and not the cable like you had lol ;-) I have been reading that it's more than likely to be the built in airport that's causing the problem as quite a few people have posted up mentioning about the slowness and connection dropouts when left for a while and that Apple have not really addressed the problem at hand apart from offering several updates which don't seem to have solved the problem. I'm using WPA2 encryption which from what others have said, appears to be quicker and less likely to have such problems in connection dropouts etc however I'm not so sure.....not sure what to do now as I really don't want to have to start using USB dongles again with my router as I bought my iMac to do away with all the wires,dongles,etc.

Michael.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.