Mouse/keyboard dropping out in Windows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
Ok, not really sure where to put this - the deal is, that when using windows, the keyboard and mouse will suddenly disconnect, as it were... I hear the Windows ding sound for USB devices, and they're unusable - quite annoying, considering I only use windows for games. Losing a battle because of a hardware problem is not fun.

The problem seems to be limited to windows, never have any problems in OSX. Anyone else had any similar problems?

Could it be a driver problem? I mean, it's almost like the USB controller powers off or something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
This is using boot camp right?

I had a similar issue, it seems to be related to the boot camp drivers. Search around, you might find some solutions.
I just ended up manually extracting the drivers off the cd and leaving out the mouse and keyboard drivers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
if its from bootcamp make sure you have run the drivers cd that you wrote when starting the bootcamp process.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
I've done that, all the drivers have been installed.

Maybe I'll try what you did, Aptmunich

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.