Quietier or am I going deaf?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4
Are there any secret volume controls on a MBP? or limiters? Mine seems to be very quiet on max volume (top right of menu bar, system prefs, etc)

Maybe I'm just getting old :spook:

Reaction score
The Macbook speakers may not be as powerful as you think. If using iTunes, make sure the volume of iTunes AND the main OS X olume are cranked up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive
Maybe not deaf

I know what you mean. How long have you had your MBP? I have had mine for a year now, and I think it has gone down in volume, but I am not sure as I just think the surrounding noise must be louder or something. But I do remember when I got it putting it up full blast and people thinking it was loud and it was, but nowadays, it just sounds "Meh"

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I know what you mean. How long have you had your MBP? I have had mine for a year now, and I think it has gone down in volume, but I am not sure as I just think the surrounding noise must be louder or something. But I do remember when I got it putting it up full blast and people thinking it was loud and it was, but nowadays, it just sounds "Meh"

Yeh - exactly that :)

Had it about 6 months now. I remember being really impressed with how loud it would go! Ahh well must be age lol

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just thought I'd let you know... I had to reinstall Tiger after my mac went mad! However the volume is back to being loud again :S

Confusing..

Reaction score
Both of my Macbooks have just seemed to be weak in the sound department overall - I use headphones though and it sounds great.

Reaction score
have you updated to 10.4.9? mine has gotten louder since i did the update

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
strangely the sound has gone funny again in iTunes. I have the main volume on full and iTunes on full and it isn't loud at all. However if I load realplayer, etc and play streaming radio - WHAM loud as can be. Something odd must be happening I just can't work out what it is!

Reaction score
It's listening to WHAM that's the problem.

Club Tropicana, drinks are freeeee....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Both of my Macbooks have just seemed to be weak in the sound department overall - I use headphones though and it sounds great.

The macbooks do not have good speakers, the but MBP's have great ones. (for a laptop any way)

Reaction score
Considering how poor my previous laptop's speakers and internal sound was, the MBP has blown me away with it's great volume. Just sitting in a hotel room with a DVD at full blast, I would often have trouble hearing the dialogue. I had to use headphones and an external soundcard made things MUCH better.

The MBP isn't perfect, but I can easily hear video and audio without necessarily being at full blast all the time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.