Whats wrong with my new Macbook? J/K

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.53GHz, C2D, 4G RAM, 250G HDD
HI all,
(Insert tongue in cheek)

I am a recent "switcher", after using exclusively only windows for many years.

I think there must be something wrong with my new Macbook, because when I turn it on from cold, it seems to be ready to do stuff on it within 35 seconds. Additionally, it closes down in under 9 seconds when I tell it to shut off.

This is a little disconcerting for me, since I am used to having time to make a cup of tea or similar while waiting for windows to launch and I was able to take a nap while waiting for windows to close. I now find myself more thirsty and alot more tired than I used to be!!

(Remove tongue)

Really, though, I am a new poster and just wanted to say hi and mention how pleased I am with my new Mac. I am sure to have waaay too many questions in the coming months and I hope you can all be patient with me.

Neil M

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
Welcome to the forum - congrats on the purchase.

As for the thirst/caffeine problem - maybe stocking up on Red Bull might be in order - a couple of the bulk packs stashed in your desk drawer might be a good move. :)

Reaction score
Welcome neil. I am a recent switcher as well. Its amazing how you start to do stuff on the mac and you somehow anticipate the moment you have to troubleshoot. It never happens. The mac just works. Mine always takes about 22 seconds to start. What are your specs?

Also I bought A book called OSX the missing manual. Its pretty helpful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.53GHz, C2D, 4G RAM, 250G HDD
kilo15,

I have the 2.0 Core 2 Duo, with 1G of ram. I am contemplating maxing out the ram, but I suspect I will have even less time at start up then.

I'll take a look for the book you mentioned.

Neil M

Reaction score
nemick -- welcome to the forum. In the future, though, please keep your tongue to yourself.

:ninja:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Welcome aboard. I've been doing this Mac thing for two years now, but I remember the days when Windows would always remind me that I'm hooked up to my wireless network; the same wireless network I told it to connect to, the ONLY wireless network around here (well, at least which I know the WEP key for.) And remind me that updates are available for my computer, or that I plugged in my thumb drive, or iPod, or hub. And that my computer might be vulnerable to attack.

Well, I sort of still live in those days since I have to use Windows for work, but not that much. I hate hitting F9 on my Dell and just have it beep at me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83 C2D, 1GB, 60GB, CD
Welcome aboard nemick!

I just got my first macbook as well and am new to the world apple. I was just as amazed with the startup time and shut down. Also, programs load fast!! I've been blown away.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Hello and welcome Nemick!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.