• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

idvd question...prolly simple please help

D

doubledvideo

I edit all my videos and junk on FCP3 and went i export them to iDVD i only can burn 60 min of footage on iDVD...the status always says (i.e 43:54 of 60:00) but the dvd-r i am using is 4.7GB and should hold more than 1 hour of video....infact the dvd case says (4hours ep...2hours sp)

please feel free to reply tank you guys!

OP
T

TylerMoney

Hmmm..I think Iread something about iDVD only allowing you to burn 60min for some reason...I can't remember why it doese that...may have to have iDVD 4..or do you already have that?.....either way...it's iDVD....not your burner or your dvd....I'm pretty sure at least...

Now I haven't done much with burning DVDs yet..I have a superdrive..but have only burned one dvd..and haven't used iDVD yet...but I assume you could possible set up your dvd in iDVD..then trassfer it to something like toast?...or am I just talking out of my hine?....so..yeah....alirght...hope that gave you some ideas or something.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I remember reading about the 1 hur limit also. I use iMovie and Toast 6 to make and burn my DVDs. There is also a 1 hour limit. Which I am not sure where is it is. I am using an external LaCie DVD burner. I have iDVD which I can create DVD material, but i can not use it to burn, even with the hack I found.

With all that said, I believe there is a software limit of 1 hour on burning DVD video,

OP
W

Wapa18

rman said:
With all that said, I believe there is a software limit of 1 hour on burning DVD video,

i know that in iDVD 4, they extended it to 2 hours. they made a big deal about how it now has the same mpeg encoder as DVD Studio Pro and it could now hold 2 hours. but that's only with the newest iDVD

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Looks like I need to get a superdrive or buy a system with a superdrive in it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.