Vista

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
Ive just been at a tech forum about vista at my work and im 100% glad im buying a macbook next week. Sounds like they are tieing themselves in knots trying to make it more secure and just end up making a bit of a pigs ear of it from our point of view(deploying it as amanaged desktop) anyway!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
What line of work are you in (If you don't mind my nosey question)?

I ask because I am interested to know what sort of business or industry takes the risk on a new Vista install so early in its release cycle - seems like a big risk to me.

I'm working for a company at the minute that is rolling out XP SP2 at the minute and thats after about 6 months testing :)
Likewise my previous employer got round to their XP SP2 roll-out about November last year.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
I work in IT Support at a University, we are NOT deploying vista yet just testing it we are looking at mid 2008 for deployment to open access labs, we only just got everyone on to XP but there are still lingering win2000 machines around the hospitals we support, and macs are the falvour of the month here with every post grad and staff member wanting one cos they look cool!

At least i can justify buying a brand new macbook now by saying i have to support them :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I work in IT Support at a University, we are NOT deploying vista yet just testing it we are looking at mid 2008 for deployment to open access labs, we only just got everyone on to XP but there are still lingering win2000 machines around the hospitals we support, and macs are the falvour of the month here with every post grad and staff member wanting one cos they look cool!

At least i can justify buying a brand new macbook now by saying i have to support them :)

Ah, ok then. it's amazing how long big organisations spend testing things isn't it - still it has to be done.

Justification for a MacBook? [any excuse] ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
From previous posts on these forums, and just for pure fun:

VISTA = Viruses, Intruders, Spyware, Trojans and Adware

or

VISTA = Various Improvements Similar To Apple!

:dive: :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
Ive just been at a tech forum about vista at my work and im 100% glad im buying a macbook next week. Sounds like they are tieing themselves in knots trying to make it more secure and just end up making a bit of a pigs ear of it from our point of view(deploying it as amanaged desktop) anyway!

congrats ! lol. i dont think vista will make much difference in the functioning of windows. :bomb:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
From previous posts on these forums, and just for pure fun:

VISTA = Viruses, Intruders, Spyware, Trojans and Adware

or

VISTA = Various Improvements Similar To Apple!

:dive: :D

:D

I like both of those the second one is my favourite :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.