Please Help: Uninstalling Folding Team Software?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" macbook pro core 2 duo, 2.16ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hdd. iPod nano 8gb. iPod Photo 20gb.
Hi all,

Well when I first got my MBP I figured hey why not, and ran the folding team software for a little while, but I now live on campus, and accordingly have only a 4gb monthly download limit.. So I dragged the folding software to the trash, and it was gone.

Today, (about 2 weeks later i think), my MBP fans turned on after i restarted and it got very hot. Curious, I find out this is because there were 4 "fahcore_a1.exe" processes running.. well, i forced quit 1 of them, and all 4 disappeared, and almost immediately my mbp fan started ramping down.

Question: Why wasn't the application removed when I dragged it to the trash? Why has it only started today after having done so, and how do I remove it for the future? (In no time flat it used about 60mb of my download limit).

Thanks.

(I didn't want to re-ignite the folding post which is 2 years old http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7252&highlight=folding+team)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Have you tried a spotlight search for anything related to the Folding Team software, or anything containing "fahcore" in the title?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" macbook pro core 2 duo, 2.16ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hdd. iPod nano 8gb. iPod Photo 20gb.
Have you tried a spotlight search for anything related to the Folding Team software, or anything containing "fahcore" in the title?

hey, yeah i did and removed the items that came up (there were 4 that resulted from a "fahcore" spotlight search). But I was still curious as to whether or not this would have completely solved the problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Make sure that your CPU usage is lower than when it was running (usually around 90% for me). As long as that's down, then at least it isn't running.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.