Selecting a new Computer

Reaction score
Alright, well basically I have an Ibook G4. It seems to have crashed. It wont trun on. I took it to the genius bar and he said it prolly is the circuit board. So im thinking of purchasing a new Mac.

I was looking at some of the PowerMac G4's on Ebay. I was thinking of puchasing one of these and updating the operating system. Is the computing power of the PowerMAc G4 more then what a newer laptop with a price of less then $1500. Im kind of illiterate to specs on Computers.

Im just a student and need it for average things.

Also if my computer i have now is broke is there anyway to get my files off of it?

Thnx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Im just a student and need it for average things.
If that is the case, then you don't need a "Power" or "Pro" anything.
You could save a bundle by getting a Mini or even a MacBook.
Either one would suit you fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I agree with Devilboy, the Macbook / Mini will definitely be enough for what you need - and they're both able to perform some "above average" tasks if needed (Music / Movies).

Reaction score
What about the files from my old computer

Can you boot it into "Firewire Mode"? You would be able to tell by holding the "T" key on your keyboard while it starts up. Does it even get that far or will it not even turn on at all?

SuDZ

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.