is this hurting my ipod

Reaction score
i bought a 5g 30gig ipod a little over a year ago and have never had a problem with it but recently it has been acting a litl weird. for xmas this year i got the bose speaker system with the built in ipod dock and have been using this for about 2 months now and the speaker system charges the ipod so when i am not using the speakers, i still keep my ipod plugged into the dock. i am just wondering if this is hurting my ipod at all because as of recently i have been having some problems such as the ipod would not turn off, or it would randomly reboot in the middle of use.. i realize these problems are minor and happen very very infrequently, however i am just starting to notice the problems since the use of the speakers have started??

Reaction score
I would guess that the Bose system is not causing any problems. It sounds to me your iPod is just acting up, unfortunately. It is good that it is infrequent, and not a major problem.

Hope you figure out the problem... good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.