Disk Utility

Reaction score
Does anyone know a good disk utility application for a MacBookPro? I just recently switched to Apple from the PC realm and want to keep my system running great.

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, young_rhkid!

Mac OS X has a built-in Disk Utility. If you want something to repair directories and get you out of a tight spot, DiskWarrior is so useful I could never do without.

There are small freebies that take care of cleaning out the system and caches when they start getting too big and make the system act a bit wonky. I really like Santa Software's MainMenu. Titanium Software's OnyX has a bit more bells and whistles but MainMenu and Onyx are very similar, I use both but prefer MainMenu's convenience.

Hope this helps. :girl:

GWR

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D - PB G4 - iBook G4 - iMac G3 DV SE
I'll second the vote for Diskwarrior.
Great app.

GR

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD
Is there a trial version for disk warrior or am i just supposed to shell out a bill and buy it without trying it?:eek:neye:

OP
Y
Reaction score
DAM! I did not expect to get such good information so quickly. Thanks to all of you for the suggestions. I will take a look at Disk Warrior and Onyx.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.