Belkin54G Password Issues

JFK

Reaction score
Hi guys,
At the risk of posting a noob question! I going to post it anyway.

Just bought the above router, I'm connecting via Airport. It all works swimmingly, apart from the PC upstairs can't connect to the internet? Oh well every cloud and all that!! :)
However, whilst my connection is working well, it doesn't have a password on the connection, so every tom **** or harry on my street can use my connection.
How would I put a password on?? I'm a relative noob to the Mac system.
I Have tried various tips and read a few forums, all draw a blank.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 Ghz Macbook Pro, 4GB Ram, 250 GB HD
i dont have time to post a detailed answer...but i'm sure somebody will help you out soon.

As far as I know...you are going to have to make a wired connection from your router to your computer just for the moment. then you can access the routers settings from you computer and set up a password on the system.

OP
J

JFK

Reaction score
i dont have time to post a detailed answer...but i'm sure somebody will help you out soon.

As far as I know...you are going to have to make a wired connection from your router to your computer just for the moment. then you can access the routers settings from you computer and set up a password on the system.

OK Cheers for that I will give it a go.

Any advance on that tip?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Never worked with a belkin before but read the manual and see what IP address takes you to the router config and use a wired connection just to set it up. If you have any issues with WPA or WEP or whatever you use, let us know. I would use WPA if you want it as secure as possible.

OP
J

JFK

Reaction score
Never worked with a belkin before but read the manual and see what IP address takes you to the router config and use a wired connection just to set it up. If you have any issues with WPA or WEP or whatever you use, let us know. I would use WPA if you want it as secure as possible.

I was going to use WEP, however I stuggling to set anything up, so I'll take as much advice as you guys can give.

Thanks in advance!

J

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.