What is the equivalent to Windows "Switch Users"?

Reaction score
The title explains it. I want to password protect my stuff when I'm away for a couple of minutes, but the only option I see is to log off completely! I don't want that to happen, because I want some applications to still run(like AIM).

You guys have helped me so much lately, and I appreciate it! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Are you using multiply users? If so then in the accounts tab in System Prefs, check off quick user switching, and a menu will appear in the upper right of the menubar, and you can go to the login window.

Reaction score
Go into system preferences/dashboard & exposé.

Set a hot corner to activate your screensaver (mine's bottom left).

Go back into system preferences, then go to security. Check "require password to wake this computer from sleep or screensaver".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
I use Quicksilver and the Fast Logout Command

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i'd go the screensaver route as mentioned above...but i beileve hopping over to the login window will still let you stay on aim....you will need a abuddy to watch your online status in order to fully check it out though
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Yeah I think logs you off for a sec before the network connection kicks back in. Shame about that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.