Microsoft Office:Mac Student & Teacher Edition - Shared Library Error?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Hey guys,

Just a quick question on the behalf of my house mate, He has got my old iBook G4 and has been running MS Office:Mac Student & Teacher Edition with no problems what so ever for at least 4 months now.

The other day however, he went to open Word and got the following error:

"The application could not be launched because of a shared library error"

Please see the attached image for the full error message.

I have tried the obvious solutions, re-installing Office etc but the problem is still there.

I tried running disk utility to repair permissions, and Mac Janitor (I didn't know if it would do anything or not - turns out it didn't lol) but neither has solved the problem. I even tried clearing the cache using Onyx but nothing.

So I was just wondering if any of you guys have any ideas how to fix this bizarre issue? And, if possible any information on what could have caused the issue in the first place?

Regards,

Chris :mac:

Office_Problem.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Is there perchance an evaluation copy of the full blown version of Office on the same Mac? Perhaps it has expired? I seem to recall reading about this sort of error before in similar circumstances.

OP
MrChris
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
no not to my knowledge. the copy he has is the full version.

He said it was working fine the other day, then when he went to continue working on his essay, boom. error's out!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.