Which AIM client is the best?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2.0gHz, 2GB RAM, Leopard
Nothing but iChat here. I love seeing the girlfriend via video chat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac intel core duo 2 GHz 160GB HDD
I use Adium but aMSN is good also it lets you use web cam also you con use a MSN account of course. its an open sorce app also its great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book G4 2.2 Ghz
Recently I downloaded Adium and it rocks! Since I have a mac,the msn messenger doesnt have the same stuff as the windows messenger.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMAC, Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory: 2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, LEOPARD
is there a im that lets u use msn and has webcam support,
thats wat i really need becuase everyone of my friends hav webcams

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 3.06 GHz / Late 2008 MBP 17" 2.6GHz high res. anti-glare, 4GB RAM
I don't like any chat client that has no webcam audio/video support. So for me thumbs down to Adium. I like iChat but again, I don't wanna stick on chair in front of iMac while doing web chat. I wanna relax and moving around and wanna focus my little kid who's playing around. So again, I would only go with external webcam. that's the only reason I have installed Windows Vista because my Logitech's HD webcam only supports Windows. Mac's builtin camera are not really good enough in low light.

So for web chat, I use Windows Vista with my Logitech webcam pro for notebook with skype, and yahoo.

I find it the best solution to do video conferencing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
I would have voted for iChat if it could communicate with MSN, Yahoo and other clients. Since it is not the case Adium is my first choice.

Same for me. Although, I do occasionally use aMSN to video chat with friends from MSN.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
is there a im that lets u use msn and has webcam support,
thats wat i really need becuase everyone of my friends hav webcams

aMSN

heres the link:

click me!

Reaction score
AIM took 3 minutes to close after taking nearly as long to open on my mac. I uninstalled it after that ;) Aidum is nice, functional, etc... but I'm waiting for Trillian Astra!!!

Reaction score
i believe adium is the best aim client. it by far beats AIM because i can't ever even get it to work for longer than two minutes. also adium is cool because it can be customized in every way. you can make your own photo as the background own colors, icons, windows. my favorite. as for ichat ive never had any problems but got rid of it about two years ago. the bubbles i found were very annoying. plus i could never video connect or direct connect on there. hope that helps!

Reaction score
to video chat with someone you don't have to have ichat as well. yu just have to have another chat client with video cam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MB - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 4 GB DDR2 SDRAM - OSX 10.5.8
other

I tried Adium, but I really don't like it...I used to use regular AIM, but lately I've been using AIM Lite. Nice and simple, and has invisible mode, which for some reason the mac version of AIM still doesn't have....do they ever update?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.4 GHz, 2GB RAM, 200GB HD
If you are not using audio/video chat, then go for adium! the best for MSN (thats the one i use)

//edit
for AOL too..:p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 2.5Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2GB RAM; 250GB HDD
knowing that adium has multiple messaging services; as a single messenger user,

ichat seems to be the best for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
uMBP 2.66/4GB/320GB; iMac 2.66Ghz/4GB/320GB; Apple TV; Black iPhone 3G 16GB
I use iChat, followed by Yahoo messenger (within yahoo mail)

Reaction score
I'm using Y!M, and it causes many inconveniences and problems in mac os. So, for me, Adium is the best AIM client.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 16 GB iPhone 3G
i use ichat for AIM and Adium for MSN and Yahoo. :p

adium is great but its not webcam compatible. that's the only problem.

i use ichat for video/audio chat with people.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.