Which AIM client is the best?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook, Ipod nano 1st&3rd gen
Okay thanks. Do you know how long until Window's next software update.

Thanks
shivsensarma

No I dont sorry I dont think it will be any time soon it haset been announced that its in the works :(

Reaction score
Can't sign up for AIM account though.

I never used AIM before, but since IChat can use it I thought that I would sign up for it. Turns out it's practically impossible to sign up for an account. Errors occur when you submit the registration on the AIM site. Anyone else have this problem. Tried many times over a period of weeks.

S

satrop

O my god! I thought I would try out "Adium" because I use iChat, and it really good! I don't ever use video chat and I have lots of friends on MSN and iChat. So this is great!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Imac
adium is far the best,
it simply allows all the account you can think of, icq yahoo msn ect
no camera though
ichat is nice, and fancy, but it sucks in some, every now and then i have bandwith problems, or the audio doesnt work, or the video if not

i ended up, using the video of ichat, on mute, and the audio in skype, all this i had to do it because my friend needed me to fix something on the machine remotely (wich is awesome)
im sick of this compatibility issue with the ichat/msn.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini
Adium is so much better than AIM while on the Mac.

For example, pressing enter while chatting with someone on Aim will make the space go down, rather than sending the message. This forces you to press the send button, and that can become very annoying sometimes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 1.83GHz 120GB Leopard and XP
I am unable to use any of these as I am behind a draconian proxy, so I use a web based option - meebo which is excellent - does gmail, AIM, Yahoo, Hotmail, ICQ, and Jabber - with no need for standalone apps.

It works very well for me :)

Reaction score
what im client do you use?

i dont really fancy ichat so what aim application do you use on your mac?

Reaction score
I use iChat. I love the feature where you can actually write out the person's name instead of some odd screen name plus I like the speech bubbles and the fact that hitting "return" will send the message, not create a hard return.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
I find it so funny that the official client is the least used.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
I use Adium as it supports MSN and AIM. I use Adium as It's good and I haven't found any other good chat messengers that support MSN etc.

I do have yahoo messenger as well.

Reaction score
ok one question . can we do video/audio chat for Gmail within iChat with other windows gtalk user?.. what is the best multiclient application like adium for video/audio chat except iChat. In iChat i get disconnected frequently and it doesn't connect automatically

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33ghz 2 Gb RAM 160GB 17" Glossy...
ichat doesn't even come close to the extensive personal settings that adium offers. I love ichat, but Apple should really get its act together and create a version that can allow you to be logged into google and aol at the same time, if not more than that !

Reaction score
I use Adium. I haven't attempted to use AIM on my MacBook because I've heard that it's not the greatest.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.