If I buy a new Macbook

Reaction score
how can I use it with my new iMac? I should be able to use my iMac as a server and wirelessly surf the net right, right? Can I access documents, iTunes library and apps from the iMac? Any other cool things to do with two Apples in a house?

This probably sounds stupid, but when it comes to networking and I have no clue.

Reaction score
You don't have to do anything. The two machines find themselves automatically thanks to Bonjour technology. If you have set the iTunes libraries to share, then they will show up in each other's itunes.

You can connect to your other Mac using the finder's "Go" > Connect to Server option. It let's you browse the network for other computers. Then you can login to your account remotely and access your files. I'm not sure you can run Apps like that, though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
make sure you go into PREF-Networking-(click on your connection type)- and turn personal sharing on!

its pretty much done after that! i know, it doesnt take much, i was a little, SHOCKED

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.