Mass delete to rid comp of duplicate files

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac
Is this a bad idea?

I have files in Iphoto and Kodak Easyshare (they function the exact same way, except the Easyshare interfaces with my camera and thus replaces Iphoto altogether)

I tried using a Finder-only method of organizing my photos, but that wasn't helpful.

I've tried using different programs to find and eliminate duplicates - but a lot of my duplicates have none of the same file info: size, type, extension, name, etc...So, I have 5 of the same exact photo yet saved 5 different ways - which defeats the benefit of a batch-file duplicate-eliminator.

So, now that I'm working on my website I need a dependable, non-duplicating method of photologing...and I'm running out of room on my comp.

My only thought is to load all of my photos into my choice program (Iphoto, I guess) - using an Iphoto-duplicate eliminate from here on out...and once all my images are in Iphoto - delete all the originals that are all over my computer.

Does anyone see a possible problem with this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.