Remote Configuration

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
I have 3 routers in my apartment. I attached a little diagram to give you a better idea of my setup. What I want to accomplish is to remotely configure the two Airports. Is this possible. I figure the first step is to give them static IP's from the Netgear. Once I do that what ports should I forward to them to so they can be reached. I know I can do this no problem without the Netgear in the mix but I sacrifice a lot of functionality such as UPnP, address reservation, more LAN ports. These are things the Airports don't offer me as far as I can tell. Anyway any help on remotely configuring them would be greatly appreciated. Oh, I ran a port scan on WDS 1 and found four open ports:
Open TCP Port: 53 domain
Open TCP Port: 5000 commplex-main
Open TCP Port: 5009
Open TCP Port: 10000 ndmp

Setup.jpg

OP
IronMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Update.

Ok I looked on the Apple boards read something about port 5009 so I forwarded that to the first Express and it worked like a charm. I'm not home now so I can't run a port scan on the second Express but I will win I get home. If the port is different I'll just forward that too.

OP
IronMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Update 2

Okay I'm at a loss now both Expresses have the exact same port open. Anybody have any idea on how to manage them both remotely?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.