Your recommendations for Macbook 13" case or sleeve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook (refurb), 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo, 2 GB Memory, 60GB HDD
I'm in the market for a Laptop case or sleeve for my Macbook 13".

Which are your favourites?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
This is the one that I bought http://www.radtech.us/Products/NeoCase.aspx
prdNeoCaseBeauty1.jpg
prdNeoCaseBeauty4.jpg

I love it, but sometimes I take it out of the case if I am going to be using it in one place for a long time so that I show off it's beauty.

Here's some photos of my MacBook in it.
DSC00295.jpg

And here is a shot displaying the open access to the ports.
DSC00294.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz
I have an Incase carrying bag, similiar to the incase sleeve. It just slips in, but it also has pockets on the outside(on a few on the inside). Plus handle to carry, and a shoulder strap.

Reaction score
go with an incase sleeve. my macbook is still looking pristine after 5 months of use with the incase sleeve and its been in my bookbag on the way to school and such.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Great recommendations. I found this one: Tucano Second Skin Microfiber Folder Grey. Killer touch is that it has a keyboard protector which also doubles up as a very good screen cleaner! What do you all think? Anybody has this?

bfmfcmgnotebookql9.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
I use Speck's see thru case and have been very happy with it so far. Doesn't add much bulk at all and hardly any more weight.

I am very interested in the speck case. Could you please take a bunch more photos from different angles so I can see what the macbook looks like in it? It would be much appreciated.

Reaction score
This is the one that I bought http://www.radtech.us/Products/NeoCase.aspx
prdNeoCaseBeauty1.jpg
prdNeoCaseBeauty4.jpg

I love it, but sometimes I take it out of the case if I am going to be using it in one place for a long time so that I show off it's beauty.

Here's some photos of my MacBook in it.
DSC00295.jpg

And here is a shot displaying the open access to the ports.
DSC00294.jpg

thats peeerty

anyways I have the STM Alley which is pretty sweet. It is a messenger bag.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, Core 2 Duo, 2.0 ghz, 1GB RAM, 80GB HD
I just picked up the Spek's See-Thru case as well. I have the same type of casing for my iPOD so I decided to try it out for my MacBook as well. I'm loving it so far! It doesn't much bulk at all. It was very easy to install. I also ordered the total body skin from BestSkinsEver.com.

For carrying the MacBook around, I'm using the STM Alley shoulder bag. It doesn't scream, "I have a MacBook in here" kinda bag.

Hope this helps!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I use a Booq Vyper XS sleeve for my iBook-- I like how sturdy it is, but it leaves black marks on the nice white case. I also have a Tucano Second Skin, but I worry about the fact that it's so thin when I use it in my briefcase.

My MacBook is safely ensconced in a MacBook sleeve from Waterfield Designs (http://www.sfbags.com). I can't say enough wonderful things about this case or the company who made it. The bag is tough and sturdy, and the people at Waterfield contacted me almost every day while they were working on my order.

It was one of the best customer service experiences I've ever had, and the product is superb.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi thread. I ordered the Tucano Second Skin sleeve I metnioned in my previous thread but was quite disappointed when it arrived, so I've decided to return it for a full refund. Basically, I think it is too way thin to properly protect my precious Macbook from knocks and shocks. The laptop screen wiper is really nice though and works amazingly well, which I'm gutted about returning. I should be sending it back sometime this week.

So I'm back in the market!

i'm glad because there are two recommendations in this thread that I really want to found out more about......

I can see why - the most unique set of laptop sleeves that I've seen in my search so far. They fit my design tastes perfectly.

The only thing I'm worried about though is how thin they look and the material they've made out of. I intend to carry the laptop in the sleeve by itself i.e. without storing the sleeve inside another case. How well would you say the sleeves protect your laptop?

My MacBook is safely ensconced in a MacBook sleeve from Waterfield Designs (http://www.sfbags.com). I can't say enough wonderful things about this case or the company who made it. The bag is tough and sturdy, and the people at Waterfield contacted me almost every day while they were working on my order.

It was one of the best customer service experiences I've ever had, and the product is superb.

When you get such a glowing reference like this, how could I not check out this company. And I've been impressed. Very impressed. If it were not for the hefty (but justifiable on first glance) pricing, I would buy this straight away.

So to summarise, I'm kinda leaning towards the Waterfield sleeve but I'm gonna wait to see what you guys think about "the wrapper" first!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Black
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 3GS & iPhone4 Factory Unlocked.
i recently got an speck see through for my 13" MBP. I love it, i think this is the best case.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.