running Vista Ultimate well?

Reaction score
Does aero theme work well with Vista Ultimate on Macbook? or should I wait until 10.5 OS X comes out and final version of boot camp before attempting to install Vista Ultimate?

Will the integrated Intel GMA 950 video card work well with Vista?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Does aero theme work well with Vista Ultimate on Macbook? or should I wait until 10.5 OS X comes out and final version of boot camp before attempting to install Vista Ultimate?

The current beta of Bootcamp doesn't officially support Vista, although I've heard it runs. I wouldn't count on all of the drivers working correctly. It should run fine on Parallels, however.

Will the integrated Intel GMA 950 video card work well with Vista?

I don't believe so. Aero requires a full DirectX9 card with 128MB of video RAM.

Reaction score
I tried vista through Parallels on my macbook and aero doesn't work properly...went back to xp professional for now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 GHz Core Duo, 1 GB Ram, 80GB HD, SuperDrive, OS 10.4.8
I've used vista on my macbook, and the aero theme works fine, even with the Intel GMA 950. I also had no problems installing it in boot camp.

OP
T
Reaction score
Just so you guys know - I'm asking with regards to Boot Camp. I don't care about Parallels much.

are there any issues (or anything that doesnt work) with running vista ultimate with boot camp on a macbook?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I've used vista on my macbook, and the aero theme works fine, even with the Intel GMA 950. I also had no problems installing it in boot camp.

Really? Do the 3D effects work (like the window staggering when switching applications)? Everything I've read seems to indicate a fairly brawny video card is needed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.