Netgear Router

Reaction score
I have my Imac24 and a pc going through a Netgear Model WPN824 Ve router. There are some website that won't let my Mac get into or I am able to get on a website but I am not able to get on some other parts of their website. When I hood my Mac directly to the DSL cable I have no trouble with these website at all. Let me give an example. I went to the NikonUSA website while going through the Netgear router without a problem. I downloaded some software, again no problem but when I tried to purchase the software I couldn't. When I hooked up directly through the DSL cable, no problem. Can anyone give me some advice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
Have you tried it multiple times (ie. first with the router, then without)? That way, you would eliminate the website having issues. I can't see any technical reason for this.

OP
M
Reaction score
Yes I have. Maybe is some security issue with the Netgear router. I tried calling their support number and got a recording that it would be a ten minute wait for a support person. Twenty-five minutes later I got disconnected. I will try again on Monday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I had a Netgear router and hated it. I returned it and got a Linksys WRT54G and it works much better.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.