• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Official Mac-Forums Guitar Off

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 933Mhz
it has been a long time since i posted a video to GuitarWorld's contest.I think the time has come ,u guys really need a good tune..
Any order? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
++ This place is reserved for my version of Joe Satriani's "Cryin" ++

~~ TS ~~

EDIT: OK i forgot i had this post! The link for the video is now a couple of posts down :)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
++ This place is reserved for my version of Joe Satriani's "Cryin" ++

~~ TS ~~

Can't wait. Favorite Satriani song of mine.

Since Annihilator will not be "Blowing us away" :D with his tune, Go for it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks metalsam and Benjamindaines :)

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
Nice vid TS. I noticed that you don't use your other fingers that much. Habit or are you increasing your dexterity? Just curious. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey jotdess :)

To be honest, my playing is still very poor and thats why so my techniques are very sloppy. The playing i do (both in the band and just for fun) are simply because I enjoy it, Although unfortuntly, that doesnt lend itself to be a great player :(

However im learning the pagini section from Eugenes Trickbag and that requires use of all your fingers to get it up to speed. Needless to say at the moment, it sounds terrible :p

~~ TS ~~

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
TS, I have seen a lot of VERY respected guitarists who do not use the little finger at all. I do from time to time, but not always. Good luck on Eugenes Trickbag. If you get that down please do a video. Love that piece from Crossroad's movie.

Reaction score
Hey jotdess :)

To be honest, my playing is still very poor and thats why so my techniques are very sloppy. The playing i do (both in the band and just for fun) are simply because I enjoy it, Although unfortuntly, that doesnt lend itself to be a great player :(

However im learning the pagini section from Eugenes Trickbag and that requires use of all your fingers to get it up to speed. Needless to say at the moment, it sounds terrible :p

~~ TS ~~

It's all good. I'm still getting used to playing again and stuff that was easy before, is kind of rough lol. My fingers are hurting. ;) It's all about having fun. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New recording coming soon!

Nobuo Uematsu - J-E-N-O-V-A

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G3, 13" Macbook 1.8 ghz duo core, iPod nano (1st generation), iPod Shuffle
finally figured it out

I put together a guitar video of me jamming using a canned rhythm track created in Garageband. I exported the jam into iTunes, then synched the track with the video I recorded with the built-in iSight camera.

Surprisingly, it didn't take too long to synch the video and audio.

I posted the video here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G3, 13" Macbook 1.8 ghz duo core, iPod nano (1st generation), iPod Shuffle

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.