Going to Switch (Yippeeeee)

B

bigd652

Well this is my first post on a mac forum. In the coming weeks I will have many questions regarding the 12inch Ibook I will be getting. So here is my first question.

I do not have an apple store where I live but we do have a CompUsa. They have a pretty good mac section at there store. Need to know if I can go there and order my ibook the way I want it or if I have to get one that is just the base config. Would rather go somewhere and pay cash rather then ordering off of apples website. But if I can't get it the way I want at compusa then I will go the website route... Anythoughts?

Thanks in advance.
D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
well there really isnt much configuring you can do but you should be able to get it done at compusa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
The CompUSA I used to go to would be able to get your Mac the way you want it. I suggest at least 384 megs RAM.

OP
B

bigd652

Cool. Would the wait be shorter going that route rather then the apple store site? And I know there isn't alot of config to do but stuff like air port, bluetooth etc. And yes more ram will be coming but not getting it from apple. Gonna do it myself. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yea you should be able to get it that same day from compusa....airport and bluetooth are easy add-ins for them to do and your are wise for doing the ram yourself

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yea there is tax on their site

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
....there isnt tax on ther site.....unless they automatically add it in to the sub total,when you are customizing it before you even click buy.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
there is definitely sales tax on their website for purchases that are shipped

"Please note that your subtotal does not include sales tax or rebates."

they dont tell you the sales tax until after you have completed the order which sort of surprised me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
I just did a test transaction and i got all the way up to the point where it says enter your creditcard and there was still no tax added.....It even said Total, not subtotal....

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I paid taxes on all of my purchases from the on-line Apple store.

OP
S

StarManta

It probably has to do with whether or not there's an Apple Store in your state.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There are four stores about 45 minutes from me, Pasadena - Pasadena, Los Angeles - The Grove, Glendale - Glendale Galleria and Costa Mesa - South Coast Plaza. I can get to these but they are a little farer out, Mission Viejo - Mission Viejo, Newport Beach - Fashion Island and Northridge - Northridge.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
like i said it doesnt put the tax on until after you have completed the order

OP
M

msSwitch

bigd652 said:
Ok... anyone here who has ordered from apple... did you pay tax?

If there's no charge for tax, Apple owes me about $200 bucks! I painfully paid tax on my order.

OP
K

Kathie

bigd652 said:
Ok... anyone here who has ordered from apple... did you pay tax?

I made a purchase from Apple a few months ago. Was told by a rep there would be tax regardless of whether I ordered online or on the phone.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If I remember correctly. It depend on where the store resides, if there will be taxes charged.

OP
K

Kathie

rman said:
There are four stores about 45 minutes from me, Pasadena - Pasadena, Los Angeles - The Grove, Glendale - Glendale Galleria and Costa Mesa - South Coast Plaza. I can get to these but they are a little farer out, Mission Viejo - Mission Viejo, Newport Beach - Fashion Island and Northridge - Northridge.
LUCKY!! LUCKY!! I'm jealous. I live in an area where there aren't many Mac users at all, and only a CompUSA and hour away. I have no one to ask questions ( I spend a lot of time reading help files *L*) and am on my own regarding most issues, which at this time mostly consists of how to do things.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.